If you have ever visited a rehabilitation center, you may have come across the term Chiropractic? But what is it? Chiropractic is a drug-free approach to healthcare that focuses on treating neuro-musculoskeletal disorders.
The primary target of a Chiropractor is the relationship between the spine and the nervous system. They provide diagnosis, preventive care, and treatment for disorders of the:
• Nervous system
It works by the chiropractor locating and adjusting the particular musculoskeletal area of your body that isn’t functioning properly. The spinal column is made of a series of movable bones from the skull to the center of the hips. It is what allows your body to bend, twist and move.
It helps to protect the fragile central nervous system that controls and coordinates your tissues, muscles and body organs. That’s why for you to have an active life, you need to have a spine that is properly functioning.
When you have displacements in your spinal column due to an accident, stress, falling, overexertion, etc., it can lead to irritation of the nerve roots of the spine which may result in symptoms in other parts of your body.
Why should You Seek Chiropractic care?
If the above-detailed description of the importance of the proper function of your spinal column doesn’t convince you to get regular chiropractic care, then, the following reasons should. You need to seek chiropractic care if you have:
- Arthritic pain
- Repetitive Strain Injury
- Lower back pain
- Leg pain (sciatica)
- Head/Neck pain
- Limited motion in the shoulder, neck or limbs and back
- Sports/ Car accident/ work injuries
- Most importantly for your overall general health
When you seek the help of a chiropractor, you will be evaluated, by going through your medical history, laboratory analysis, physical and X-ray examination. The chiropractor will conduct a structural analysis while paying attention to the alignment of your vertebrae.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care
By regularly seeking chiropractic care, you will benefit from:
1. Improved Posture: chiropractic care will help to align the tilting and curves of your spine and improve your posture.
2. You will get relief from stress and tension disorders. Chiropractic care gives you balance. Once your body feels less tense, it will communicate with the brain and thus the stress relief.
3. You will sleep better: often, body aches, pain, and stress lead to sleeping problems. Getting regular chiropractic care will help to improve the quality of sleep you get.
4. You will realize an improvement in your coordination and motion of the joints.
5. By ensuring that your nervous system is functioning in the right way, your immune system will start to work properly, and you will heal faster.
6. You will experience improved physical function and performance.
Now that you are aware of the benefits of chiropractic care take charge of your health and help your body to resist diseases. You don’t have to wait for the symptoms to show.